8.12.2009

NATURAL BEAUTY

This weekend I was left Home Alone. So I decided to have a spa day, dinner and a movie ... all by myself and from the comfort of my home.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Treatment 1: Yoga

I started with an hour session of yoga. I did Ravi and Ana's Fat Free Yoga. Exercise of any kind, but especially Yoga will help your organs work better for you and in turn make you and your skin look better.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Treatment 2: Salad


Ingredients - What is good about it. [why]

Arugula - Vitamin A [good for your skin and hair], K [good for your blood and cell growth], and Folic Acid [good for your brain, and helps your body breakdown sugars]

Tomatoes - Vitamin A, C [good for your skin and immune system] and Lycopene [helps your fight certain cancers]

Carrots - Dietary Fiber [good for digestion], Vitamin A, C, K, Potassium [is an electrolyte - helps keep you hydrated], Magnesium [essential for every organ in your body including teeth and bones], and Thiamin [helps your metabolism]

Almonds - Vitamin E [helps out Vitamin A and Fatty Acids], Protein [good source of energy], Magnesium, Dietary Fiber, Potassium, Calcium [good for your bones], and Phosphorus [good for bones and energy]

Shrimp - Vitamin D [good for your bones and immune system], B12 [good source of energy], low in calories and low in fat

Olive Oil - Vitamin E, Fatty Acids

Croutons - just because they are good and crunchy

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Treatment 3: Honey Nourishment Mask

Ashley found this recipe on Sephora's website and I am so glad she did. It is by Ole Henriksen, who has become my new obsession. This all natural homemade facial mask is made out of many things you will find hanging out in your kitchen and its good for all skin types.

What you need:


1 teaspoon plain yogurt
2 teaspoonfuls honey
1 teaspoonful finely ground oatmeal
1 Vitamin A capsule -10.000 I.U.
1 Vitamin E capsule - 400 I.U.
5 drops of Lavender Essential Oil



This mask will calm, soothe, nourish, and renew the skin. Create a smooth paste with the above ingredients. Apply on clean skin and leave on for 20-30 minutes. Can be used once a week.



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Treatment 4: Mani and Pedi


I read in the recent issue of Real Simple that to get the whites of your nails whiter, simply dip your fingers in a lemon. I have to agree, mine certainly looked whiter after a couple minutes in a lemon.

I shaped my nails with a file and topped them off with OPI's Nail Envy. I really love this stuff, it makes your nails strong and keeps them healthy. I did the same on my toes, but added a little color there.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Treatment 5: Dinner and a Movie


I cooked one of the my favorites, BBQ Shrimp Linguine pared with a good Cabernet Sauvignon and watched "He's Just Not That Into You" ... it was funny and cute. It was all good for the soul!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Treatment 6: Plain Yogurt


My very good friend Kelli has found a pinkberry type place down the street from where I live! Its called Cherryberry. I will post about all the nutritional facts of yogurt and fruit another time. It is so pretty with all the fruit, but it was too good to wait and take a picture of it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

My Natural Beauty Spa Weekend was a true success ... next time I might make a party of it and invite friends.

3 comments: